Mindfulness. A definition of mindfulness comes from Jon Kabat-Zinn , it’s about “paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment”. This can be hard to do because we have so much inner chatter going on in our mind. Thus, mindfulness is a form of mind training and it’s why it’s gained popularity and has been embraced by organisations such as Google, Nike and Apple as well as in education and in the health. It’s practised through consciously focusing our attention on particular objects, such as breath, body, sounds , movement or thoughts and by bringing attention to the coming and going of thoughts to bring us into the present moment.
Regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in, we can learn to respond to life events and stress in a calmer and more creative manner. Our courses help people to have an understanding of their emotions and reactions to stress and techniques learned help them to manage their stress, boost their concentration, improve their sleep and overall quality of life. They are based on a strong theoretical framework, but are practical and individuals are supported in their learning through practice instruction, guided reflection and audio links. We offer a variety of courses to the public and if there is a current course on offer it will have an Eventbrite link, but please contact us for more information about the following:
- The MBSR: Our classic 8-week course consisting of the “mindfulness-based stress reduction programme (MBSR). It has been researched extensively and offers a solid and scientific evidence-based foundation on which to continue practicing mindfulness by yourself. It consists of 8 weekly meetings and has audio links and home practice to further develop the skills learnt in each session. Cost for the 16 hour course is £165
- The MBIC– Our Mindfulness Introduction Course, consists of 4 weekly sessions, with and audio link and home practice further develop the skills learnt in each session. Cost £80 . March promotional discount eventbrite link £45. 4 week course
- Wellbeing Centre- We all want good physical and emotional health and ancient systems of Yoga, qigong and Tai ji do this by building strength and flexibility, while uniting mind and body to promote our wellbeing. Mindful movement changes our inner energy by transferring focus and attention to the body and the breath. It helps to temper our moods and anxiety, while releasing physical tension and so over time has a holistic effect on our mind and body. In our new centre (opens in March), we will be offering a range of wellbeing activities, yoga, gigong, tai-ji, meditation groups, other therapies and counselling to promote health. See our news feed for more details and class timetable coming soon.
- One-to-One Courses Unable to get to a class? You can still take a course as a one-to-one, as we offer one-to-one tuition for the MBSR course and it can be offered over the phone on a distance learning basis or face-to-face. It consists of weekly meetings of 1 hours duration and has audio links and home practice to further develop the skills learnt in each session. Contact us for more details . Cost £290 Eventbrite link
Retreats and Workshops: In our new centre we offer regular opportunities to continue your practice and a range of ways to gain to destress. Experience some mindfulness, yoga and tai-chi practices which have all the necessary elements to help you find that work/life balance, so that you can recharge become calmer and re-connected with yourself. You dont have to have taken a course to come along . To hear about our next retreat, contact us directly or you can be added to our mailing list or see our Facebook Page for regular updates. Eventbrite link March detox day
- Regular Practice Group: This is a self-supporting group who meet on the second Wednesday of each month in Paisley from 19:00 to 21:00 in room 24, The James Clark Building Paisley PA1 1TJ . Please get in touch with George to book your place. Please note, although Everyday Mindfulness provides links to our group, it has no responsibility for it’s operation. email@example.com